Sunday, January 9, 2011

LOLbertarians


Apparently school starts on the 10th, rather than the 11th. That caught me off guard, I thought I would at least get another day to lounge around. 

I wanted to add more detail to this, but I'm getting sort of frustrated with it. The colors really messed me up, as far as contrast goes, and I think I have like eight equally luminous bright spots. I don't think I can diagnose the composition, since the original sketch I made for this wasn't exactly planned well. The design for the train is practically a carbon copy of the Space Pirate Homeworld Train from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I'd like to say that this was subconscious, and I only realized it afterwards, but to be honest, it's probably just because I'm not very original. The lighting is sort of awkward, too many bright spots in too many places, so it doesn't really have that sense of atmosphere. Perspective's probably off too. Dang. 

I think overall, despite not being entirely satisfied with how things are going, it's a good exercise to post these. It provides a palpable source of motivation, an incentive for working more frequently.

The BW version reveals the really glaring faults with the lighting, and ergo, the entire composition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment