Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dawn of the Seventy-Third Day, 960 Hours Remaining


You ever wonder why the CN Tower is red at night? It's not just those blinkers for air traffic, it's an entire set of ascending spotlights, attached to the slopes of the main structure in increments. Why does that have to be red? I walk past the CN Tower on a regular basis, and every time I see it, it reminds me of some blood splattered, demonic needle gouging a hole in the sky. You know, like the kind of place where people would go to hang out, shoot the shit, and make sacrifices to The Dark One? 
 Maybe they got red floodlights on the cheap.

Above is two kinds of death on a hog! Below is my new avatar! I tried to go for a parched, syphilitic look. 

WATER.
The thermometer is reading Incandescent Solar Apocalypse right now, so I highly doubt my laptop will last long enough for me to organize my life drawings this week. I did manage to give them a black border, so it's all cinematic. They're like 5 to 20 minutes, in no particular order. Week 10-11. 


  
Trying new things, new styles. Did you know they're working construction on Spadina? Entire tram system is down. On top of that, they're also doing horizontal renovations that make it impossible to get past Dundas by car. Every trip to life drawing feels like an adventure. Who knows what will break down next?

heh
It would probably make more sense to post this on a certain book of faces. Still, this is pretty clever. Thank you, anonymous political activist. I think these are all over the system, but I found this one on the Sheppard line, far left carriage.


2 comments: