Saturday, April 23, 2011

LIFE'S MANAGER IS OUT FOR LUNCH, RECEPTIONIST GIVES COMPLIMENTARY FEVER



You know, I was able to watch TV again for the first time in MONTHS, and just my luck too. Apparently, today is the Dr.Who marathon that culminates in the series 6 premiere on Space. Stroke of luck? Uppercut of  fortune? Sonic BOOM of serendipity? 
It felt great to be able to draw stuff that will never see the ink of a teacher's pen., too. I decided to finally try to see what my last character design assignment would look like if I actually had the patience to paint it. It can light itself, what with the bonfire on its head and all. It was an interesting experiment. The malaise of summer break took it's toll at around the middle section of the painting, which precedes a rough mess of incomprehensible blobs. Turns out, yellow is a horrible color to use as an overlay mask, as a wise man once said "darkened yellow looks like a grey green mess". Good words wise man. Good words.




O yeah, and some quick fan art of the Grey from today's new DW episode. Are they the Silence? I could have paid more attention. Doesn't look like the alien at all, yes? That's because I have terrible memory. 
Mah B.


0 comments:

Post a Comment