Monday, September 3, 2012

Once More Unto the Breach


Welp.

 There goes the summer.

A squid headed goddess of death
"
An avian god of art
A richly adorned, fox headed god of thieves

I made a bunch of pastel sketches based on a random text generator a while back. My final project for the summer was to develop them. Beyond redesigning them, the point of these was to wean myself off of an over-reliance on digital tools.

 The digital painting in this lineup is the thing that frustrated me enough to drop the digital angle. It is decidedly unfinished.

I also have some lore-like snippets written up for these characters. Those I'll have to proofread a little more. There's  A LOT of made up words.

Clouds by my window
This is basically the only study I did all summer. Since I had my laptop reanimated, I haven't been able to get the color settings right, so these could look like... anything, really.

5 min
15 min

10 min
 Last life drawings for the summer. 

This is the same model as the one from the first session of the summer. 

Heh.

Stuff from the zoo.



 I caved and bought a membership on impulse, so now I have to go to the zoo more, if I ever want to recoup my losses. I'm always sort of hesitant to go to the zoo, since people there treat art students about the same as the animals.

I can't really read it either
Finally, this blasphemy of penmanship. I've been waking up at 3 in the morning and writing whatever comes to my head on this piece of newsprint the entire summer. Between this, a .txt file on my desktop and a few pages of Iphone notes are about 10 to 20 different ideas for the group film. Of these, only about 5 are worth anything, and of those five, only 3 have coherent plot beats. 

Still.

0 comments:

Post a Comment