Saturday, October 30, 2010

Actual Drawings II: Electric Boogaloo











Okay, so here you have it. Digital work. In fact, most of these are from this summer, and the only reason I post them now is because I cannot for the life of me find the will to finish them. Let this post be a sort of Artwork Graveyard, where unfulfilled visions go to commit seppuku. Maybe. Probably.

There's a few here that warrant mention, probably only because of how delightfully wonky the story of their failure was. 
The green alien is one of Edgar Rice Burroughs's Green Martians, inspired by the Frazetta paintings. I believe I scrapped it because it looked nothing like what I wanted it to look like. I also couldn't decide on what each arm should carry, so I was never able to get past the basic planning stage (or the proper lighting and contrast stage, or the correct anatomy stage, uh...I guess I got a lot of work to do). That is my explanation for the bizarre posing of the hands. (Note to self: do more studies)

The poster of the face with a Sephirot on it is a grade 12 assignment, I just thought it would add variety. A BW filter also proves that there's not enough contrast. 

Carmen Sandiego is from the summer, couldn't think of a background. Anatomy's a bit wonky too, but that's a whole other can of worms. BW filter marks the tell tale signs of lack of contrast. In fact, composition is a bit skewed too, but I guess I can blame that on incompleteness. Uh, then again, it may just be a crappy composition. (Note to self: work out composition/pay attention in painting class).

The portrait of BURSTING WITH POWER Gore was just for fun, and again, I couldn't think of a proper background. 

The Samus thing was ditched because of perspective, and because I couldn't think of a background (growing trend amirite). (Note to self: Get Daz and pose the thing to see how exactly to draw this).

This must be what absolution feels like. I am now no longer obligated to ever look at any of these pieces ever again. From the summer, I learned that I am horrible at layouts and backgrounds, something that I perceive very, very acutely as my time at Sheridan rolls by. More work more work, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment