Saturday, October 30, 2010

Actual Drawings III: Rise of the Machines







Funny thing about the posting mechanism here, apparently, there's an image limit on how much you can put in one post. Evidently, I was pushing that limit in my last post. However, as luck would have it, my other four pieces are all black and white portraits of other people's characters, so they have a kind of pleasing continuity.

Upon further reflection, I note a number of contrast, form, and compositional anomalies, along with one of the more irksome traits of painting on a separate layer, and then cleaning the edges to smoothly. I don't plan on ever coming back to these pieces again, so the lesson here will be for future reference. Practice practice.

This concludes my posting of older, pre-college pieces. If I ever do find the time to scan my portfolio, I believe I may post them. However, as it stands, I don't think I've quite developed the audacity to do anything that adventurous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment